And just like that, a month has passed. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was dealing with prodromal labor, wondering when the little one would join us. The past month has been a whirlwind, but we are adjusting to life with a newborn.
Jack is such a sweet baby. He has huge, attentive eyes, long silky hair, and an adorable personality, already.
In his first month:
- Jack initially lost about a pound, but now weighs two pounds more than his birth weight. Needless to say he is a little greedy.
- He is a little snuggle bug. He loves to be held, and hates being put down.
- He is a momma’s boy right now, and definitely listens for the sound of my voice.
- He is enjoying his new play mat and checking out the pretty patterns.
- He loves tummy time, and seems really relaxed on his stomach. His neck is really strong, and he loves holding his head up and looking around.
- We are currently breastfeeding, with occasional supplementation. He does great drinking out of a bottle!
- He is a decent sleeper, sleeping 3 hour stretches, throughout the night.
- He loves his big brother, and loves to watch him (as much as he can).
- He loves snuggling with daddy, and gazing at his face!
- He has quickly outgrown his newborn clothing, much more quickly than we had anticipated.
- He doesn’t love being worn in my new Boba wrap, but hopefully it grows on him!
- He is getting more comfortable on outings, and we have been able to take big brother to Sky Zone and to the library! We also survived two outings to Target!
While I am excited to watch Jack grow and learn, I also desperately want time to slow down, so I can savor each and every moment of this sweet newborn period.