22 Weeks and 5 days to go…
It is hard to believe I am seventeen weeks pregnant today. I was thinking back to when we first found out we were pregnant, and it feels like it was so long ago. Sometimes life flies by so fast, and sometimes it feels like we are moving in slow motion. My picture this week is a little embarrassing to share. Its delayed, and I’m exhausted, but its up. And my bump feels so unreasonably big…
At 17 Weeks Pregnant…
- How far along are you, and how big is baby? 17 weeks pregnant, baby is the size of a pomegranate or video game controller (such a weird comparison).
- Do you know the sex/gender of the baby? It is a boy!
- Do you have a name picked out? We do!
- How much weight have you gained? I am still maintaining my 8 lb. weight gain, thankfully!
- How are you feeling? I am really, really tired. I am starting to have some pretty nasty headaches, and Tylenol just isn’t helping.
- Any appointments this week? No appointments for a few weeks. I am looking forward to the anatomy scan at our 20 week appointment! I do need to go get my blood drawn, however, for some additional screenings.
- Did you get any new maternity clothes? None this week! I am trying to curb my spending on maternity clothes.
- What are you loving about pregnancy? I feel like this is the stage of pregnancy I love most. I am getting some energy back, I look pregnant (not just chunky), and I just feel good. I also love that I can still hold Brooks and play without restriction. The only struggle is putting him in his crib at night, because my belly hits the crib.
- What are you missing most during pregnancy? I am still just missing my daily second cup of coffee. Otherwise, I don’t really feel like I am missing much.
- What are your cravings? Do you have any food aversions? I really haven’t had any cravings this week. I have just been so hungry. I go from feeling uncomfortably full to starving… there is no in-between.
- What are you looking forward to in the coming weeks? I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend with the family, and some slower weeks before work gets too crazy!
- What am I doing to stay fit at this point in the pregnancy? I made it to the gym three times this week, and did 45 minutes of cardio each time. I also worked an arm workout in on Sunday! We also got some great walking in at the zoo on Tuesday. I am feeling great, and I think that staying active is having a huge impact on how my body is handling this pregnancy.
- How is our family feeling about the new addition? Yesterday, Brooks said, “When the baby pops out…” We couldn’t help but laugh! I wonder what this all looks like, from his point of view.
- What are you currently reading? I am slowly working through Natural Hospital Birth. I will definitely be reading this a second time, with pen and Post-It notes in hand. I appreciate how she addresses every step of the process, and addresses the myriad of concerns that arise with trying to have a natural birth in the hospital.
This pregnancy still doesn’t feel quite real. I think that, once I can see the baby at the end of this month, that feeling will change. And I should be feeling more movement soon, so that will help as well. I am excited, but my brain is having a hard time recognizing the fact that I am growing a human, for now. I think that explains my lack of progress in pulling out the baby clothes, checking the date on our car seat, etc. It just doesn’t feel real.
17 Weeks Pregnant–Then and Now…
Read about my first pregnancy at 17 weeks here.