This week, I am 15 weeks pregnant. How can that be? This pregnancy is going so much more quickly than the first, even though I desperately want it to slow down so that I can enjoy every minute!
My Pregnancy at 15 Weeks…
- How far along are you, and how big is baby? I am 15 weeks pregnant, and baby is the size of a large navel orange.
- Do you know the sex/gender of the baby? We do know, but for now I’m keeping it secret!
- Do you have a name picked out? We do, but that is top secret, too.
- How much weight have you gained? I think I have gained about 6 lbs, but I will have an official “total” on Monday. So, I am right on track, I hope.
- How are you feeling? I am really, really tired. My nausea has finally subsided. I have experienced some cramps, tightness in my abdomen, and that feeling of expansion. I am still really struggling with anxiety this time around. I think once I can feel the baby moving, I will feel better.
- Any appointments this week? We have our 16 week appointment on Monday. No ultrasounds, but we will get to hear the baby’s heart!
- Did you get any new maternity clothes? I did order a bunch of things from Motherhood Maternity and they are, for the most part, pretty cute. I will be returning a few things. The closer we get to fall and winter, the more I am considering leggings, tanks and cardigans as my uniform.
- What are you loving about pregnancy? I am still loving being pregnant. I have really begun thinking about labor, and how I want to do things differently this time around. Most importantly, I love watching Brooks as he begins to understand that a baby is coming. He loves to wiggle my big belly!
- What are you missing most during pregnancy? This week, I miss feeling normal in regard to eating and my appetite. Nothing in the refrigerator or pantry sounds appetizing. I only cooked one of the three meals I had planned for the week.
- What are your cravings? Do you have any food aversions? As I noted above, my aversions involve every single thing I planned to eat this week. I cannot bring myself to cook or eat any of the meals I planned. My cravings are horrible. They aren’t specific, but I just want junk: burgers, subs, tacos, etc. Although I am still craving fruit around the clock.
- What are you looking forward to in the coming weeks? I think I am just looking forward to enjoying these more relaxing summer months, before life gets hectic again. There are some “nesting” tasks to take care of as well, which I want to do now, while I have time!
- How does this pregnancy compare to the first pregnancy? I still feel like, overall, this is tougher. With my first pregnancy, I could take a nap whenever I needed to (although I didn’t), and I could go to be early. Sleep is really a struggle right now, and I can’t overcome the exhaustion. My stomach is very big this time around too and, as I noted before, I feel embarrassed about it. I feel like I shouldn’t be this big!
- What am I doing to stay fit at this point in the pregnancy? This week, I was able to get back to the gym, and it felt SO good! I haven’t returned to lifting weights just yet, but I was able to knock out 45 minutes of cardio, three times this week. Next week, I fully intend to add my upper and lower body lifting back into the mix!
- How is our family feeling about the new addition? Our families are really excited. My mom already bought the new addition a new outfit! Brooks is excited too, and spends time wiggling my belly, and talking to the baby. My husband and I are excited for Brooks to have a new little sibling, especially as his big brothers are so much older!
- What are you currently reading? I am still working on BIna Gaskin’s Guide to Childbirth, which I borrowed digitally from my library. This weekend, I am heading to Barnes and Noble so I can get a hard copy of Ina Gaskin’s Guide to Childbirth, as well as a copy of Natural Hospital Birth, by Cynthia Gabriel. I have also been listening, religiously, to the Birth Hour Podcast. If you are pregnant, or interested in birth, it is such an amazing resource, and I am addicted!
All in all, things are going great. And, as I mentioned earlier, I am really focusing on trying to enjoy each moment of this pregnancy, as I know it will likely be my last!
Just For Fun…
15 weeks pregnant with Brooks, compared to this pregnancy… I was so much tinier! But apparently I favor short hair while pregnant!
Check out my 15 week blog from my first pregnancy, here!
Check out my previous week, here!