We are expecting! I am so excited to be documenting this baby bump week-to-week, like I did with the first! I am getting a later start this time around, at 14 weeks pregnant, as we waited longer to announce this pregnancy, but I want to make sure I create the same memories for this baby, as I did for Brooks.
My Pregnancy At 14 Weeks…
- How far along are you, and how big is baby? I am 14 weeks pregnant, baby is the size of a peach.
- Do you know the sex/gender of the baby? We do know the baby’s sex, thanks to an early NIPT, but we aren’t sharing just yet!
- Do you have a name picked out? We do, but we are keeping that a secret for now, too!
- How much weight have you gained? So far, I have gained about 4 lbs. Not too shabby considering the size of my bump.
- How are you feeling? Honestly, this pregnancy is so much more difficult than my first. I was nauseous for most of the first trimester. Virtually everything made me nauseous, or bloated. And the food aversions have been horrible. Now that I am entering the second trimester, the nausea is disappearing, but I am starting to headaches once more. Overall…I am just tired.
- Any appointments this week? We had our 12 week ultrasound a few weeks ago, where they also did the nuchal translucency scan. Everything looked great, and baby is big and bouncy! Last week I had blood drawn for my first trimester screening, and to check for Gestational Diabetes.
- Did you get any new maternity clothes? I ordered a bunch of stuff from Old Navy. I was pretty disappointed with my “haul,” as the mediums I ordered seemed huge. I did get a cute pair of maternity shorts from Target, as well as a maternity swimsuit, and some cheap, cute tank tops. Yesterday, I ordered a ton of items from Motherhood Maternity, because they had a huge sale. These should get me through the summer, and early fall.
- What are you loving about pregnancy? I love being pregnant, and I love knowing that soon, Brooks will have a sibling that is a bit closer in age…a built in playmate. Now that I am looking more pregnant and less squishy, I am enjoying my bump once more.
- What are you missing most during pregnancy? Right now I am missing copious amounts of iced tea, coffee as well as margaritas and wine.
- What are your cravings? Do you have any food aversions? I don’t really have any cravings, other than water, fruit and veggies. My list of aversions, however, is lengthy. I am struggling with the smell, texture and taste of meat. Eggs, especially the smell, make me nauseous. And, something will sound delicious one minute, but as soon as I eat it, I can’t stomach it again. It’s been a struggle.
- What are you looking forward to in the coming weeks? I am looking forward to the less severe symptoms of second trimester.
- How does this pregnancy compare to the first pregnancy? This is much tougher. I remember loving my body throughout my pregnancy. This time, my stomach muscles were much quicker to soften, and my bump “popped” much sooner. At 14 weeks, I look the same as when I was 20 weeks pregnant with Brooks. It is discouraging, and embarrassing, but I know my body is just reverting back to that pregnant stage.
- What am I doing to stay fit at this point in the pregnancy? Well, prior to July, I had been more active this pregnancy than my last. But, we took a short vacation to Las Vegas, and I got sick as soon as we came home. For the past two weeks, fitness has been on the back burner. I am looking forward to jumping back into a routine of weight lifting and cardio.
- How is our family feeling about the new addition? The little one is excited, but can’t figure out why he can’t play with his new sibling right now! The older boys are excited, too!
- What are you currently reading? I am currently reading Birthing From Within, from Ina May Gaskin. This time around, I am hoping to have a natural birth, so this is a great starting point.
In the coming weeks, I want to make sure I really slow down, and enjoy every moment of this pregnancy, because I know it will be my last! It is really easy to get caught up in all those things that don’t matter, but I want to be really present this time. Check back in the coming week for more baby bump week-to-week.
And, just for fun…
14 weeks pregnant with Brooks, compared to this pregnancy. So much bigger!
Check out my last pregnancy at 14 Weeks here!