Yep, you read that right. Jack turned 7 months old almost two weeks ago, and I totally dropped the ball! Whoops! Life has been crazy, to say the least. But crazy in a good way. Jack is growing so quickly, and so is his big brother, who is about to go to preschool. Yikes! So our world is a mix of potty training, introducing solids, preparing for school, and trying to keep Jack out of everything.
At 7 months…
- Jack is starting to really enjoy his solids. Mango is his favorite so far, just like his brother and daddy!
- He is sitting up on his own. How did this happen? The other day, I placed him on the rug on his tummy, and when I turned around, he was sitting straight up, with a huge smile on his face.
- He is mobile, and crawling/scooting around the house. This boy gets into everything, and he has started trying to pull himself up on things…like the couch.
- He doesn’t sleep. No, I am not exaggerating. We are going into month 5 (I think) of sleeping in 30-45 minute increments. I am exhausted. But he seems pretty happy.
- We spent a week with his Papa and Grammie from Ohio, and he had a great time while they visited.
- He went fishing. Okay, he didn’t really fish, but he had a great time while everyone else did.
- We also went to Disneyland, shortly after he hit 6 months. And we had a blast! He is an easy traveler, just like his big brother!
- He has teeth! Yep, not one tooth. He has two teeth on the bottom, and they are so cute. And now he is just a drooling mess!
- He says both Dada and Mama, although I am not sure he knows what those words mean. 🙂
- Jack dressed up as a knight for the Renaissance festival!
- We went swimming for the first time, but he was not a fan…at all.
- He is happy most of the time, so Daddy calls him “Jolly Jack” which is really fitting.
- And he is definitely not happy in his car seat, still!
Jack is just a beautiful, happy and fun. He loves to bounce, laugh at his brother, and snuggle to sleep at night. He has just been the perfect addition to our family, and we all just love him to pieces. I feel like this sweet phase is just going to fast and that, in the blink of an eye, he will be one. Mommy isn’t ready!