Five months ago, we welcomed our little man into the world. I can’t decide if it feels like just yesterday, or years ago. All I know is that he is an incredible addition to our family. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I continue to be amazed by his growth each day. Each day he learns something new, or shows another fun aspect of his blossoming personality. He is the light of our lives.
At five months…
- Brooks has his first high chair. He loves sitting up at the table while the rest of us eat.
- He tried his first “solids.” So far he is not a big fan of oatmeal, pears, or mangoes. But he really likes apples and sweet potatoes.
- He loves to do raspberries, and practices them all the time!
- Brooks still refuses to take a bottle. It’s just not his thing. He prefers his food straight from the source.
- The little guy is sitting up better and better each day. He can sit up for a few minutes without any additional support, before he tips over.
- He loves standing up. We practice every day by pulling him up from a laying position, to a seated position, to a standing position. He can even balance against the couch for a few minutes.
- Tummy time is no longer such a struggle. He actually enjoys it, sometimes!
- Sleeping is still a point of contention. Some days are great, and he sleeps through the night while other nights he doesn’t sleep at all. There have been nights in the last month where neither my husband nor myself got more than an hour or so of sleep.
- He attended his first wedding! Uncle Frank and Aunt Kendra got married! Hooray!
- Ladies and gentlemen, we have giggles! Daddy is especially good at making him laugh!
- The little man enjoys waking up in the middle of the night and having conversations with his mobile, while slamming his feet onto the mattress.
- Baby enjoys his play mat a little bit less these days. He prefers to lay in his diaper on his blanket, to simply play with his toys.
- I turned around this week, only to find the little man on his side. He is so close to rolling over.
- We recently purchased little man a Jolly Jumper. It is probably my favorite purchase. It’s so fun to watch the little guy figure out just how he is supposed to bounce!
- His personality comes through more and more each day.
- We are pretty sure we heard him say, “Oh yeah!” multiple times!
As Brooks approaches his half birthday, we are excited to see what new skills and behaviors emerge. For now, we will continue to enjoy each and every minute with our amazing little guy!
Here are some outtakes from today’s photo shoot…
Check out my previous posts about this little munchkin…