It’s hard to believe that our little man has been with us for half a year. It has been the most amazing, life changing, sleep deprived, wonderful six months of our lives. I find myself looking back at pictures and videos of when our little boy was first born, comparing them to now. What a transformation in only six months! This month has been a month of major growth for our little boy. He has learned so many things, and his personality has really begun to emerge.
- Little man can sit up, on his own, for extended periods of time. He is doing great at balancing and catching himself. The doctor was pretty impressed with this. She said that only 5% of 6 month olds can sit up, unsupported, for a significant amount of time.
- He can stand and support himself for a few seconds at a time.
- He is continuing to try new foods, and his tastes change from day to day. So far, he loves fruit! Apples, pears, and bananas are his favorites! He is on the fence about sweet potatoes, and peas are his least favorite. If he had his say he would just lick French fries and jelly beans.
- He loves:
- He does not like to sleep at night. In fact, he fights sleep at all costs. An average evening consists of waking up every forty-five minutes to two hours. Mommy is sleep deprived, to say the least.
- He enjoys napping, but often insists that naps take place in mommy’s arms. Mommy has gotten quite good at working/typing with one hand.
- He loves his cartoons! His favorites are Mickey’s Clubhouse, Sponge Bob Square Pants, and Alvin and the Chipmunks. He likes them so much that we have to turn them off during mealtimes.
- He loves to talk and scream…at the top of his lungs. He often likes to practice these skills in the middle of the night.
- He loves hanging out and playing in just his diaper, and protests having to put his jammie’s back on.
- He still loves bath time. He enjoys splashing around until most of the water is on the counter and floor!
- We tried out FaceTime with grandma this week, but he was a bit confused as to how gramma got into the phone. We will keep practicing.
- He has learned how to shake his head back and forth as if he is saying “no!”
- He is quite mobile. He scoots around the floor on his back.
- He can roll over…he just doesn’t like to. And, he is quite mobile. He scoots around the floor on his back.
He continues to bring his daddy and myself joy, each and every day. He is such a fun little man, with such a big personality. We really do enjoy every moment with him.
I put this little collage together to see how much he has changed in just six short months!